Produce Market Report for October 22, 2021
Peeled Garlic Alert! Supply issues domestically and import issues are causing an extreme market for peeled garlic. Expect to see high prices (around $150/case) in the week ahead. Shorts and prorates are likely.
Mushrooms: Extreme market for all mushrooms, esp. cremini and oyster. Expect shortages through the end of the year.
- Apples: Steady
- Asparagus: Coming down
- Avocados: Steady
- Bananas: Steady
- Broccoli: Remains very high, shorts and lower quality continues
- Cauliflower: Up $6
- Celery: Steady
- Corn: Remains tight and higher price
- Cucumbers: Steady
- Grapes: Steady
- Lemons: Steady
- Lettuce: All lettuce products are way up in price!
- Limes: Steady
- Melons: Honeydew remain higher
- Onions: Steady. We are NOT affected by the current onion recall.
- Peppers: Red peppers remain stronger
- Potatoes: Stabilizing
- Shallots: Very high
- Squash: Steady
- Strawberries: Steady
- Tomatoes: Remain higher