Dealing with difficult customers:
It is inevitable; we will have to deal with unhappy customers during our interactions. Some guidelines to help you through are:
- Be calm.
- Do your best to diffuse the situation.
- Your goal is to find an attainable solution. Never promise something we cannot deliver.
- Listen and gather information.
- Apologize and empathize with the customer. Just as we want to best service our customers, they want to do the same with their customers.
- Talk to other teams if you cannot solve the customer’s problem
- Try your best to end with the conversation on a positive note.
Here’s a quick read on some of the types of difficult customers.